Flying Training Group
is located at the
U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Our mission is "Airmanship...Leadership...Excellence"
About the 306th FTG
The 306th Flying Training Group, located at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo., provides management and oversight of USAFA airmanship programs involving 2,500 cadets annually and of the U.S. Air Force Initial Flight Screening program involving approximately 950 UFT candidates annually. The group ensures powered flight, soaring and parachuting courses contribute measurably to the leadership and character development of cadets and ensures quality flight screening identifies those officers with the ability to succeed in follow-on Undergraduate Flight Training.
Specifically, the 306th FTG ...
· Performs unique missions in congested airspace with hazardous terrain and weather for the Air Force's youngest aviators
· Provides oversight for, and empowers, cadet leadership through airmanship programs
· Provides aerospace support for multiple academic programs
· Trains and repeatedly fields national-caliber cadet competition teams
· Communicates for, and recruits for, USAFA and the U.S. Air Force through airmanship demos, static displays and competitions
· Supports all facets of the cadet officer development system to include military, athletic and academic involvement both on and off the airfield
· Melds military training and FAA operations into a UFT-like flight environment at Initial Flight Screening, Pueblo, Colo.
· Integrates assigned, attached and Reserve personnel supporting the mission
· Provides detailed oversight of contracts to ensure mission accomplishment at three operating locations
306th FTG Squadrons
1st Flying Training Squadron
The Mission of the 1st FTS is to screen Air Force aviator candidates for entry into Undergraduate Flight Training as well as to develop outstanding officers through the application of positive life habit patterns and the Air Force Core Values.